Any orders that would normally ship on Wednesday (8/16) or Thursday (8/17) will be shipped on Friday (8/18); orders that would normally ship on Monday (8/21) will be shipped on Tuesday (8/22).
Introducing: Carrier Calculated Shipping
What is it and how is it different from what we did before?
Carrier Calculated Shipping ("CCS") is a service we have purchased for our site that charges shipping costs bases purely on the weight of the order and the intended delivery address. Prior to this, we were using our site's built in lookup table with postal zones and weight ranges, which are less accurate than CCS; so CCS should result in lower shipping costs which will save you money!
Other than more accurate shipping costs, what other changes will there be?
CCS will cause the following changes to our site during checkout:
- The shipping option "International Priority (6-10 days)" will now be shown as "Priority Mail International (6 to 10 business days)"
- The shipping option "International Express (3-5 days)" will now be shown as "Priority Mail Express International (3 to 5 business days)"
- The shipping option "International Rush Delivery (1-3 days)" will no longer be available during checkout (if you still have a need this for this shipping method, please contact us and let us know and we will work with you to make it happen)
- The shipping option "First Class Package International (7 to 21 business days)" may be offered as a choice if the weight of the package is really low (like a couple of scarves, for example). NOTE: If you select this method, the US Postal Service cannot guarantee delivery dates or times, and tracking information may be limited.
- In the United States, if the exact shipping time can be determined it will be displayed... so instead of seeing "Priority Mail (2 to 3 business days)" you would see something like "Priority Mail (2 business days)"
What about other shipping-related costs, like packing materials, order packing time, etc.?
In order to save you money, Powwow Fabrics and Designs will pay for all the other shipping-related costs.
We hope you enjoy the shipping changes; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.