When do we ship out orders?
Shipping occurs on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. If the shipping day is a holiday, shipping will take place on the following day.
- Orders placed before 1:30 PM CST on Sunday will ship out on Monday
- Orders placed before 1:30 PM CST on Tuesday will ship out on Wednesday
- Orders placed before 1:30 PM CST on Thursday will ship out on Friday
If we are unable to ship your order out on a normal shipping day for any reason, we will contact you ahead of time and let you know.
Where do we ship?
We ship to Canada and within the United States. Customers are responsible for any taxes or fees charged outside the United States.
What carriers do we use?
We use the US Postal Service ("USPS") and United Parcel Service ("UPS") as carriers. (We've had USPS support from the beginning, and added UPS support on 5/25/23.)
Carrier Calculated Shipping
What is "Carrier Calculated Shipping"?
Carrier Calculated Shipping ("CCS") is a service we have purchased for our site that charges shipping costs bases purely on the weight of the order and the intended delivery address. Prior to this, we were using our site's built in lookup table with postal zones and weight ranges, which were less accurate than CCS; so CCS should result in lower shipping costs which will save you money!
Other than more accurate shipping costs, what other changes have taken place?
CCS shows the following USPS options for international orders during checkout:
- First Class Package International (7 to 21 business days) may be offered as a choice if the weight of the package is pretty low (under a few pounds). NOTE: If you select this method, the US Postal Service cannot guarantee delivery dates or times, and tracking information may be limited.
- Priority Mail International (6 to 10 business days)
Priority Mail Express International (3 to 5 business days)
- The US Postal Service provides a "rush" international service called Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) which is usually 1 to 3 business days, however this is not displayed during checkout (if you have a need this for this shipping method, please contact us and let us know and we will work with you to make it happen)
For domestic orders:
- In the United States, if the exact shipping time can be determined it will be displayed... so instead of seeing "Priority Mail (2 to 3 business days)" you would see something like "Priority Mail (2 business days)"
UPS options that will show up as needed for international orders during checkout are:
- UPS® Standard®
- UPS® Worldwide Saver®
- UPS® Worldwide Express®
- UPS® Worldwide Express Plus®
- UPS® Worldwide Expedited®
What about other shipping-related costs, like packing materials, order packing time, etc.?
In order to save you money, Powwow Fabrics and Designs pays for all the other shipping-related costs.
These shipping changes should help to save you money in the long run; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.