Carrier Calculated Shipping
What is it and how is it different from what we did before?
Carrier Calculated Shipping ("CCS") is a service we have purchased for our site that charges shipping costs bases purely on the weight of the order and the intended delivery address. Prior to this, we were using our site's built in lookup table with postal zones and weight ranges, which were less accurate than CCS; so CCS should result in lower shipping costs which will save you money!
Other than more accurate shipping costs, what other changes have taken place?
CCS caused the following changes to our site during checkout:
- The old shipping option "International Priority (6-10 days)" is now shown as "Priority Mail International (6 to 10 business days)"
- The old shipping option "International Express (3-5 days)" is now shown as "Priority Mail Express International (3 to 5 business days)"
- The old shipping option "International Rush Delivery (1-3 days)" is no longer available during checkout (if you still have a need this for this shipping method, please contact us and let us know and we will work with you to make it happen)
- A new shipping option "First Class Package International (7 to 21 business days)" may be offered as a choice if the weight of the package is pretty low (under a few pounds). NOTE: If you select this method, the US Postal Service cannot guarantee delivery dates or times, and tracking information may be limited.
- In the United States, if the exact shipping time can be determined it will be displayed... so instead of seeing "Priority Mail (2 to 3 business days)" you would see something like "Priority Mail (2 business days)"
What about other shipping-related costs, like packing materials, order packing time, etc.?
In order to save you money, Powwow Fabrics and Designs pays for all the other shipping-related costs.
These shipping changes should help to save you money in the long run; if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Orders placed before 1:30 PM CST on a shipping day will ship that same day.
Orders placed after 1:30 PM CST on a shipping day (or on a non-shipping day) will ship out on the next available shipping day.
Click here for more information on Carrier Calculated Shipping